In the book I’m reading by Linda Dillow entitled “Calm My Anxious Heart” she write about choices we can make in our lives to give us more contentment and peace. I still have a few chapters to read but here’s what I’ve learned so far.
- accept my portion and my cup (Ps. 16:5)
- pray rather than be anxious
- give my anxieties to God
- pray specifically
- be thankful
- dwell on the positive
- forgive and go beyond forgiveness
- be faithful to God
- say words of blessing and love
- acknowledge that anxiety is sin and confess it as such
- yield to God’s sovereignty
- trust God with all my tomorrows and live for today
- trust God with the “what ifs”
I wrote all these down on an index card and have been meditating on them (putting them into my heart) along with some verses that go along. It has been such a blessing and encouragement to “think on these things”.