In my study of Fear Factor this past week, the last question was “What are the top three truths you learned from this chapter? How are you going to change as a result of what you learned?”. The chapter was entitled, “Throw Off the Covers” and addressed calling the fear of man for what it is: sin.
Here’s what I learned:
1. God’s character never changes. When I fear man, I’m saying that I don’t think He is worthy of my trust.
2. Fear of man is selfishness. “About whom are you most concerned when you fear man? You are not more concerned about the interests of others, about their good, or about the glory of God. You are being completely self-centered. And that’s sin.”
3. There are many ways to hide from God. Examples: staying far away from His Word, refusing to develop close friendships with godly people, keeping a full schedule and staying very busy.
Here’s the changes I’m going to make as result of this study:
1. Rely on Him more and more; not just with the big problems but with the little things in my life also. He can be trusted!!!
2. Be like-minded with Christ as to putting others first. Philippians 2:3-5: Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Romans 12:10: Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
3. Be diligent in the area of confessing sin and in prayer so nothing hinders my fellowship and relationship with the Lord.
What have you learned lately during your Bible study?